Billable hours are work hours that require payment. In other words, any time you spend on a task that is directly related to a project.
Billable hours are commonly used by agencies, freelancers, lawyers, consultants, and other service professionals.
Examples of billable hours
The types of tasks that fall into the billable group depend on the business.
For example, a lawyer's approach to billable hours will differ from that of a PR agency.
For example, for a PR agency, this is:
- PR strategy and company positioning
- Business strategy
- Brand strategy coaching, etc.
Many of these services will include meetings, project scoping, writing presentations, and other activities. All of them will be classified as billable hours.
The importance of monitoring working hours
Monitoring freelancers' working hours has several important benefits for the quality of work and business performance:
1. Ensuring payment accuracy
Monitoring allows you to verify that freelancers are actually working on tasks and pay them for the time spent on work.
2. Control over productivity
The ability to keep track of time allows you to evaluate the productivity of freelancers and understand where improvements are possible.
3. Avoiding abuse
Some freelancers may try to overstate their time to get paid more. Monitoring helps to identify such situations.
4. Planning tasks
Analysis of working hours helps to better distribute tasks and understand how much time is required for each of them.
How to monitor freelancers' working hours with Yaware.TimeTracker?
With Yaware, you can easily start monitoring your employees. To do this, you need to follow a few simple steps:
- Warn your employees and prepare to start monitoring productivity:
- Conduct a survey of employees and make a list of resources/applications that are important in their work;
- also make a list of resources/applications that will interfere with employees' productive work;
- agree on possible options for offline activities (for example, an online meeting with a client or a lunch break);
- create an up-to-date list of employees;
- upload the collected information when setting up your account.
- Install the Yaware.TimeTracker program on your computers. You can also do this on your smartphone or tablet.
- Create an account in Yaware.TimeTracker. After that, add your freelance workers to the system and set up time monitoring rules for each of them individually.
- You can start monitoring. Freelancers themselves can also start tracking their working hours even while working on tasks. After all, the program automatically records working hours and breaks.
- Collect feedback on a regular basis to expand the list of possible actions to make your employees' work even more efficient, and analyze the data. As an employer, you can view reports and analyze the results of your freelancers' work through the Yaware.TimeTracker dashboard.
- Use data and analytics to reward the most productive freelancers and incentivize high performance.
Want to start using Yaware.TimeTracker? Sign up right now.
In addition, Yaware offers 14 days of free trial so you can experience its full functionality!
Yaware.TimeTracker is a powerful tool for monitoring the working time of both office and remote employees, which simplifies the process of controlling and paying for work. It helps to increase productivity, ensures payment accuracy, and allows you to use time efficiently. For freelancers and their employers, Yaware.TimeTracker becomes an indispensable tool for successful cooperation.