Summary (or “The Gist”)
Your privacy is really important to us. If you have any concerns that aren’t covered here, please contact us
Below are the highlights of this policy:
- We will never sell, rent, or share your personal information without your explicit consent, with or without personally identifying information. That includes any government (foreign or domestic) unless we are compelled by law. If we are required by law to disclose any of the information collected about you, we will attempt to provide you with notice (unless we are prohibited) that a request for your information has been made in order to give you an opportunity to object to the disclosure. We will attempt to provide this notice by email. We will independently object to overly broad requests for access to information about users of our site.
- We may share information about user behavior in the aggregate only. For example, we could share information like, “which day of the week do people spend the most time in front of their computer?”
- You can delete your data at any time — all of it, or just a part of it. You can also delete your account at any time. Deleting your account deletes all your data from our database.
- We won’t spam you, ever as it is prohibited by law. We might occasionally send one-time messages about important Yaware Solutions Corp news. We will likely continue to introduce ways that you can optionally have Yaware Solutions Corp contact you with data that you care about, but you will always be able to turn this on or off.
- For individual accounts, no other user can see any of your data or personal information.
- For team accounts, sharing of data is controlled by the administrator of the account. No one outside of your organization will have access to any of your data.
Definition of terms
Used terms you can find here
1. Data we collect and how it is collected?
Yaware collects data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our product. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you create a Yaware account, administer your organization’s licensing account, or contact us for support. We get some of it by recording how you interact with our products by, for example, using technologies like cookies, and receiving error reports or usage data from software running on your device. We also obtain data from third parties.
- We also receive encrypted data about the time, users with installed Yaware Agent on their devices, spend using software on their devices.
We define this data into four comprehensive categories:
- Customer Data – will be used only to provide customer the Online Services including purposes compatible with providing those services.For example, we may use Customer Data to provide a personalized experience, improve service reliability, or improve features and functionality of the Online Service. Yaware will not use Customer Data or derive information from it for any advertising or similar commercial purposes. “Customer Data” means all data, including all text, sound, video, or image files, and software, that are provided to Yaware by, or on behalf of, you or your end users through use of the Online Service. Customer Data is not Administrator Data, Payment Data, or Support Data.
- Administrator Data is information provided to Yaware during sign-up, purchase, or administration of the Online Services.Administrator Data includes the name, phone number, and email address you provide, as well as aggregated usage information related to your account and administrative data, such as the controls you select, associated with your account. We use Administrator Data to provide the Online Services, complete transactions, service the account, and detect and prevent fraud.
We may use Administrator Data to contact you to provide information about your account, subscriptions, billing, and updates to the Online Services, including information about new features, security or other technical issues. You will not be able to unsubscribe from these non-promotional communications.
Subject to your contact preferences, we may also contact you regarding information and offers about other products and services, or share your contact information with Yaware’s partners. You may manage your contact preferences or update your information in your account profile.
Administrator Data may also include contact information of your colleagues and friends if you agree to provide it to Yaware for the limited purpose of sending them an invitation to use the Online Services; we may contact those individuals with communications that may include information about you, such as your name and email address.
- Support Data is the information we collect when you contact or engage Yaware for support.It includes information you submit in a support request or provide when you send error log files. It may also include information about hardware, software, and other details gathered related to the support incident, such as contact or authentication information, chat session personalization, information about the condition of the application when the fault occurred, system and registry data about software installations and hardware configurations, and error-tracking files. In addition to using Support Data to resolve your support incident, we use Support Data to operate, improve and personalize the products and services we offer.
Support may be provided through phone, email, or online chat. Phone conversations, online chat sessions, or RA sessions with support professionals may be recorded and/or monitored.
Following a support incident, we may send you a survey about your experience and offerings. You must opt-out of support surveys separately from other communications provided by Yaware by contacting Support or through the email footer. To review and edit your personal information collected through our support services, please contact us by using our web form.
Why we need this data?
We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These third-party sources vary over time, but have included:
- Data brokers from which we obtain demographic data to supplement the data we collect.
- Social networks when you grant permission to a Yaware product to access your data on one or more networks.
- Service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customize certain products to your location.
You have choices about the data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide data that is necessary to provide a product or feature, you may not be able to use that product or feature.
The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with Yaware, the choices you make, including your privacy settings, and the products and features you use. The data we collect can include the following:
- Name and contact data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
- Credentials. We collect passwords, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
- Demographic data. We collect data about you such as your gender, country, and preferred language.
- Device and Usage data. We collect data about your device and how you and your device interact with Yaware and our products. For example, we collect:
- Device, connectivity and configuration data. We collect data about your device you use to connect to our products. It includes data about the operating systems. It also includes IP address, regional and language settings.
- Error reports and performance data. We collect data about the performance of the products and any problems you experience with them. This data helps us to diagnose problems in the products you use, and to improve our products and provide solutions. Depending on your product and settings, error reports (sometimes called “crash dumps”) can include data such as the type or severity of the problem, details of the software or hardware related to an error.
- Troubleshooting and Help Data. When you engage Yaware for troubleshooting and help, we collect data about details related to the incident. Such data includes contact or authentication data, the content of your chats and other communications with Yaware, data about the condition of the application when the fault occurred.
We also collect information you provide to us and the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write, or questions and information you provide for customer support. When you contact us, such as for customer support, phone conversations or chat sessions with our representatives may be monitored and recorded.
2. How We Use Personal Data?
Yaware uses the data we collect to operate our business and provide you the products we offer, which includes using data to improve our products and personalize your experiences. One of the main features of Yaware.TimeTracker is to analyse users’ activity with the device with installed TimeTracker client. Thus we collect data about time spent on using software on such devices to give you the comprehensive analysis, reports and visualizations of such activity. We also may use the data to communicate with you, for example, informing you about your account, security updates and product information.
Providing and improving our products.
- Providing the Products. We use data to carry out your transactions with us and to provide our products to you.
- Customer support. We use data to diagnose product problems and provide other customer care and support services.
- Product activation. We use data—such as device and application type, location, and unique device, application, network and subscription identifiers—to activate software and devices that require activation.
- Product Improvement. We use data to continually improve our products, including adding new features or capabilities. For example, we use error reports to improve security features, usage data to determine what new features to prioritize.
- Security, Safety and Dispute Resolution. We use data to protect the security and safety of our products and our customers, to detect and prevent fraud, to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
- Business Operations. We use data to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our business.
Communications. We use data we collect to communicate with you and personalize our communications with you. For example, we may contact you by phone or email or other means to inform you when a subscription is ending, let you know when security updates are available, update you or inquire about a support request, invite you to participate in a survey. Additionally, you can sign up for email subscriptions and choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from Yaware by email and telephone.
3. Reasons We Share Personal Data
We share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any product you have requested or authorized. We also share data with Yaware-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries; with vendors working on our behalf; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of our products; and to protect the rights or property of Yaware.
In addition, we share personal data among Yaware-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries. We also share personal data with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we’ve hired to provide customer service support or assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal data to provide those functions. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose. We may also disclose personal data as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.
Finally, we will access, transfer, disclose, and preserve personal data, when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our products, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
- operate and maintain the security of our products, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
- protect the rights or property of Yaware, including enforcing the terms governing the use of the services – however, if we receive information indicating that someone is using our services to traffic in stolen intellectual or physical property of Yaware, we will not inspect a customer’s private content ourselves, but we may refer the matter to law enforcement.
You can view, edit, or delete your personal data online for Yaware products. You can also make choices about Yaware’s collection and use of your data.
You can always choose whether you wish to receive promotional email, telephone calls from Yaware. You can also opt out from receiving interest-based advertising from Yaware by visiting account settings page, where you can edit and export your personal data.
Details see here
We also use web beacons to help deliver cookies and gather usage and performance data. Our websites may include web beacons and cookies from third-party service providers.
You have a variety of tools to control cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, including browser controls to block and delete cookies and controls from some third-party analytics service providers to opt out of data collection through web beacons and similar technologies. Your browser and other choices may impact your experiences with our products.
More details see here
6. Local Software
Yaware.TimeTracker require the installation of local software (Yaware Agent) on a computer/device. This section of the Yaware Terms of Service governs your use of local software provided by Yaware.
At your direction, the local software may transmit (i) data, which may include Customer Data, from a device or appliance to or from the Online Service; or (ii) logs or errors reports to Yaware for troubleshooting purposes. The local software may also collect data about the use and performance of the local software or the Online Service that may be transmitted to Yaware and analyzed to improve the quality, security, and integrity of the products and services we offer.
Yaware Agent collects data according to your account settings that may be configured by account owner. Yaware Agent by default, collects data like: used application on your computer (application path, application name, ), visited sites (site URL and site title).
7. Notice to End Users
Yaware’s TimeTracker/TimeManager is intended for use by organizations and is administered to you by your organization. Your use of Yaware products may be subject to your organization’s policies, if any. If your organization is administering your use of the Yaware products, please direct your privacy inquiries to your administrator. Yaware is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of our customers, which may differ from those set forth in this privacy statement.
If you use an email address provided by an organization you are affiliated with, such as an employer or school, to access Yaware online services, the owner of the domain (e.g., your employer) associated with your email address may: (i) control and administer your Yaware online services account and (ii) access and process your data, including the contents of your communications and files.
8. Use of Subcontractors
Yaware may hire subcontractors to provide services on its behalf. Any such subcontractors will be permitted to obtain data from the Online Services only to deliver the services Yaware has retained them to provide and will be prohibited from using data for any other purpose.
9. Data Location
Customer Data that Yaware processes on your behalf is stored on Amazon Web Services (AWS) servers according to Yaware and AWS agreement. Customer Data that Yaware processes on your behalf may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or any other country in which Amazon Web Services maintain facilities.
Amazon Web Services and its subsidiaries participate in the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield frameworks. Its status may be checked here.
Excert from AWS privacy shield FAQ:
“AWS customers can already transfer personal data from the EU to the US in a compliant way; The EU-US Privacy Shield aims to enable the compliant transfer of personal data from data controllers in the EU to data controllers (or processors) in the US. AWS offers customers a Data Processing Addendum, including Model Clauses (Data Processing Addendum) that was approved in 2015 by the EU data protection authorities, known as the Article 29 Working Party. This Data Processing Addendum enables Amazon customers, when using AWS to transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA), to any country, including to the US. For this reason, the EU-US Privacy Shield does not affect the way customers use, or work, with AWS. Customers can continue transferring their content from AWS’ EU regions to the US regions with the knowledge that AWS is compliant with EU data protection requirements.”
Yaware respects the principles of each Privacy Shield with respect to personal data transferred from the European Economic Area and Switzerland. If third-party agents process personal data on our behalf in a manner inconsistent with the principles of either Privacy Shield framework, we remain liable unless we prove we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
10. Data Retention
The criteria used to determine the period of storage of personal data and collected data by the service is the respective statutory retention period. After expiration of that period, the corresponding data is routinely deleted, as long as it is no longer necessary. You can configure this period on your Monitoring Settings page under the “Global Settings” menu.
11. Right to be forgotten
Your personal data and all data collected by our service will be deleted immediately right after you press delete my account on Account Settings menu
12. We have a dedicated point for you to contact us on any privacy matters (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For the purpose of exercising Your rights, You shall submit a written request to yaware in accordance with the applicable law to the applicable Yaware office identified in the “Contact Us” section of the Website, as per the dedicated contact details to email@example.com. All your inquiries and messages will be responded. However, please consider that in order to implement your requests or options we may need several days due to technical reasons (during such period we may continue to process your personal information based on your past options).