Cookies & Similar Technologies
Last updated as of July 13, 2021.
1. What are cookies?
1.2. We also use web beacons to help deliver cookies and gather usage and performance data. Our Website may include web beacons and cookies from third-party service providers.
1.3. You have a variety of tools to control cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, including browser controls to block and delete cookies and controls from some third-party analytics service providers to opt out of data collection through web beacons and similar technologies. Your browser and other choices may impact your experiences with our products.
1) Storing your Preferences and Settings. Settings that enable our products to operate correctly or that maintain your preferences over time may be stored on your device. We also save preferences, such as language, browser settings, so those do not have to be reset each time you return to the Website.
2) Sign-in and Authentication. When you sign into a Website using your personal Yaware Account, we store a unique ID number, and the time you signed in, in an encrypted cookie on your device. This cookie allows you to move from page to page within the Website without having to sign in again on each page. You can also save your sign-in information so you do not have to sign in each time you return to the Website.
4) Social Media. Some of our Websites include social media cookies, including those that enable users who are logged in to the social media service to share content via that service.
2.2. Some of the cookies we commonly use are listed below. This list is not exhaustive, but it is intended to illustrate the main reasons we typically set cookies. If you visit our Website, the Website may set some or all of the following cookies:
1) MUID, MC1, and MSFPC – Identifies unique web browsers visiting Yaware Websites. These cookies are used for advertising, Website analytics and other operational purposes.
2) CC – Contains a country code as determined from your IP address.
3) NAP – Contains an encrypted version of your country, postal code, age, gender, language and occupation, if known, based on your Yaware Account profile.
4) MR – Used to collect information for analytics purposes.
5) TOptOut – Records your decision not to receive interest-based advertising delivered by Yaware.
2.3. In addition to the cookies Yaware sets when you visit our Website, third parties may also set cookies when you visit Yaware Websites. In some cases, that is because we have hired the third party to provide services on our behalf, such as site analytics. In other cases, it is because our web pages contain content or ads from third parties, such as videos, news content or ads delivered by other ad networks. Because your browser connects to those third parties' web servers to retrieve that content, those third parties are able to set or read their own cookies on your device and may collect information about your online activities across websites or online services.
3. How to Control Cookies?
3.1. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but provide controls that allow you to block or delete them. Instructions for blocking or deleting cookies in browsers may be available in each browser's privacy or help documentation.
3.2. Certain features of Yaware Services depend on cookies. Please be aware that if you choose to block cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use those features, and preferences that are dependent on cookies may be lost. If you choose to delete cookies, settings and preferences controlled by those cookies will be deleted and may need to be recreated.
4. Our Use of Web Beacons and Analytics Services?
4.1. Yaware web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also called single-pixel gifs) that we use to help deliver cookies on our Website, count users who have visited those Websites and deliver co-branded products. We also include web beacons in our promotional email messages or newsletters to determine whether you open and act on them.
4.2. In addition to placing web beacons on our own Website, we sometimes work with other companies to place our web beacons on their Websites or in their advertisements. This helps us develop statistics on how often clicking on an advertisement on a Yaware Website results in a purchase or other action on the advertiser's website.
4.3. Finally, Yaware products often contain web beacons or similar technologies from third-party analytics providers, which help us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns or other operations. These technologies enable the analytics providers to set or read their own cookies or other identifiers on your device, through which they can collect information about your online activities across applications, websites or other products. However, we prohibit these analytics providers from using web beacons on our Websites to collect or access information that directly identifies you (such as your name or email address).
4.4. You can opt out of data collection or use by some of these analytics providers by clicking the following links:
- Inspectlet: https://www.inspectlet.com/optout
- Google Analytics: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout (requires you to install a browser add-on)
- Intercom: https://docs.intercom.com/pricing-privacy-and-terms/privacy/intercom-inc-privacy-policy
- WebTrends: ondemand.webtrends.com/support/optout.asp