Although employee time tracking systems are quite common today, users still have a lot of questions. In this article, we have prepared answers to the most common questions.
What is an employee time tracking system?
An employee time tracking system is a tool that helps companies keep track of and evaluate the productivity and efficiency of their employees. The system collects data on employee performance through various methods, including time monitoring, task completion rates, and performance metrics. This data is then analyzed to identify areas where employees are excelling and areas where they need improvement.
What are the benefits of an employee monitoring system?
Here are the main benefits of a monitoring system:
- Increased productivity
One of the most important benefits of an employee monitoring system is increased productivity. By keeping track of employee time, managers can identify areas where employees may be wasting time or working inefficiently. This information can be used to make changes and increase overall productivity.
- More efficient time management
With an employee monitoring tool, managers can monitor the time spent on specific tasks and projects. This information is useful for identifying issues that require assistance in resolving, as well as for making adjustments and improving overall time management.
- Improving employee accountability
Employee monitoring systems can also improve employee accountability. This way, both managers and employees will be sure that they are achieving their goals and objectives.
How do you prepare employees for the implementation of employee monitoring software?
- Gather middle managers and explain to them the benefits of the monitoring system and the reasons for its introduction.
- Gather all employees together with their managers and inform them about the introduction of the time productivity program. Explain how the monitoring will take place and answer any questions they may have.
- Send reminder instructions to all employees by email. The letter should include the start date of the monitoring and the rules for conducting it.
- Regularly collect feedback on expanding the list of possible actions to make employees' work even more effective.
Is the employee performance monitoring system secure?
Privacy and security breaches are one of the main concerns of every manager when choosing a monitoring tool. Therefore, developers regularly compete in who will give more and increase the protection of programs in various ways:
- store data on cloud servers;
- use multiple SSL encryption;
- create daily copies of data;
- place information on hosting sites that provide 99.9% reliability.
It's best to do your research, read reviews from other users, and choose from a list of popular employee monitoring systems. This way, you can be sure that they are safe and not disguised viruses.
Try Yaware.TimeTracker – a time management software designed specifically to help companies and individuals manage their time more efficiently. It is an innovative tool that provides a number of features that will help you monitor employee time spent on tasks, analyze productivity, and improve it.
In addition, Yaware offers 14 days of free use of the program so you can experience its functionality to the fullest!
Which solution is better to choose: cloud or on-premises?
The type of solution depends on your business goals, and companies often offer both options. With an on-premises solution, you host the software and the data it collects on your own server. This means you can store it for as long as you want. It is suitable for large companies, but the setup process takes longer than setting up a cloud service.
While a SaaS solution is easier to manage, it is faster to deploy and you don't need to have a server to store all your data. You trust the level of security offered by the development company.